Temasek is an active investor and shareholder.
We deliver sustainable value over the long term.
- Temasek is an investment company. We own and manage our assets based on commercial principles.
- As an active investor, we shape our portfolio by increasing, holding or decreasing our investment holdings. These actions are driven by a set of commercial principles to create and maximise risk-adjusted returns over the long term.
- As an engaged shareholder, we promote sound corporate governance in our portfolio companies. This includes the formation of high calibre, experienced and diverse boards.
- Our portfolio companies are guided and managed by their respective boards and management; we do not direct their business decisions or operations.
- Similarly, our investment, divestment and other business decisions are directed by our Board and management. Neither the President of Singapore nor our shareholder, the Singapore Government, is involved in our business decisions.
Temasek is a forward looking institution.
We act with integrity and are committed to the pursuit of excellence.
- As an institution and as individuals, we act with integrity and are guided by our Temasek values.
- We foster an ownership culture which puts institution above individual, emphasises long term over short term, and aligns employee and shareholder interests.
- We pursue excellence as an institution by developing our people, capabilities and processes.
- We challenge and reinvent ourselves to stay relevant in a rapidly changing world. We do things today with tomorrow in mind.
Temasek is a trusted steward.
We strive for the advancement of our communities across generations.
- Temasek is a responsible corporate citizen. We engage our communities based on the principles of sustainability and good governance.
- We support community programmes that focus on building people, building communities, building capabilities and rebuilding lives in Singapore and beyond.
- We engage stakeholders in the development of sound governance practices.
- Under the Singapore Constitution, Temasek has a responsibility to safeguard its past reserves.